Christmas Book Haul

07:00

A Walk in The Woods - Bill Bryson
Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less - Greg McKeown
The Stone Gods - Jeanette Winterson 
Killing and Dying - Adrian Tomine
Space Dumplings - Craig Thompson
The Martian - Andy Weir

I love receiving books for Christmas as it's one of the best times of year for reading. I don't know about your family, but mine spends an unusual amount of time in the house not doing very much and I love spending long afternoons with my head in a book. I was lucky this Christmas because all the books I was bought were chosen from my amazon wishlist, which means that I really want to read everything that I was given (there's nothing worse than receiving a book you really don't want).

 I have to admit that I've read A Walk in The Woods before (several times actually  but I always want to re-read it), but everything else is completely new to me. I'm particularly excited about the two graphic novels as they're by some of my favourites - Craig Thompson is responsible for the wonderful Blankets (a must read, if you haven't already) and everything that Adrian Tomine has ever produced has been delightful. 

Conversely, I'm not so sure about what to expect from The Stone Gods or Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less. Both of these books were either recommended on YouTube videos, or I was sucked in by their blurb! I'll definitely be reading each and every one of these soonish, but I think I'll be starting with The Martian - so keep your eyes peeled for my blog post about it next week.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe